The following is from a small business consultant who talks to small business owners several times a week and has done so for about 10 years. Their name is being with held for obvious reasons.
They say, many of the following are found to be true for abut 75% of small business owners:
- Business owners who sleep very well ....probably shouldn't.
- Business owners think because their employees don't complain the employees are happy
- Business owners whose employees complain blame it on the government
- Business owners personal spending is often unrelated to their personal income, some spend a lot more than they make and some spend a lot less.....very few are break-even
- Business owners who are chronically behind in paying suppliers are often right on time replacing their boat.
- For every one minute a business owner spends talking to an employee (shouting instructions doesn't count) they spend 54 minutes talking to sales people about a new copier.
- Whenever a customer says "your price is too high" the business owner believes it.
- Whenever a customer says "your price is too high" the business owner grumbles about how his competitors are losing money.
- A business owner would rather pay 5% more to a vendor than lose his invitation to the vendor's hunting trip.
- For every one minute a business owner spends getting expert advice they spend 92 hours giving it.