Here are some reasons we see business owner want to sell:
- Divorce of husband and wife owners
- Partnership disputes
- Owner health issues
- Kids don't want the business and the owner has gotten to retirement age.
- The business has gotten bigger than the skills of the owner
- The business needs professional management
- The industry is changing faster than the owner wants to change (in this case the owner is always convinced the market is wrong and he is right).
- The business is totally debt free and the owner doesn't want to take on debt to grow.